Make a Plan
If you struggle with anxiety, you may find comfort in gaining some control over your situation by developing a backup plan. For example, you can reach out to your doctors and our clinical team to see if you can get early refills on prescription medicines. Other ways you can stay in control is by washing your hands regularly, eating healthy, exercising when possible, and getting a good night’s rest.
We’ve put together a checklist you can use to feel more prepared:
- Do you have a safe and comfortable place to shelter if there is a lockdown in your region? Check in with your therapist for local advice and resources on finding a safe place to shelter.
- Do you have enough money to cover your rent or mortgage for the next few months? Check in with your therapist for advice in your state about rent and mortgage holidays, and eviction laws.
- Do you have a safe way to get your groceries? Check in with your therapist for local volunteer or delivery services that could help you get groceries. See if you have a friend or neighbor that could help.
- Do you have enough medication? Our team can help you make sure you have enough to last.
- Do you have any upcoming doctor’s appointments? Check if you are able to schedule phone or video appointments with your doctor instead of visiting the clinic.
- Do you have a means of transport in an emergency? If you have a car make sure you have a full tank of gas. See if a friend or neighbor would be available to help.