Love and Kindness
This holiday season don’t forget to give yourself the love and kindness you deserve. We’ve developed a short guided meditation to help you feel connected and cared for.
Listen along with this video, or read the instructions below.
- Begin by sitting in a comfortable position and close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths in.
- Notice if there is any part of you that is needing some attention, kindness, or care.
- Gently put your hand on your heart. Feel the gentle pressure on your chest and wait until you begin to feel the warmth of your hand.
- Bring to mind someone in your life that you care about. Imagine seeing them in front of you. Notice their eyes. Think about the experiences you have shared with them. Try to sense the goodness, liveness, and love that you have with this person. Whisper their name and say something kind to them, like “I care about you.”
- Now imagine that person looking at you. Imagine what he or she would whisper to you. Allow yourself to receive those kind and loving words. Take a moment to really sense the love, care, and attention that is going on between you and the other person.
- Whenever you are ready, gently open your eyes. Remind yourself that we all deserve love and kindness.