Managing Anxiety and Depression
There are a variety of factors that can bring on anxiety and depression during the holidays. Perhaps the gifts, the parties, the cooking, or the absence of these things, can make the holidays stressful. If you’re experiencing any of these feelings, here are some coping tools you can use.
1. Stay in therapy – try not to cancel any appointments
- Need to schedule or reschedule an appointment with your Mindstrong therapist? Click here to schedule your appointment in the Mindstrong app.
2. Don’t use drugs or alcohol
3. Soak up the sun – studies have shown that bright lights can help against depression.
4. Practice mindfulness
- Need help getting started? Check out this video to try a quick mindfulness exercise: